Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

This is the product of what happens when I get bored... hope it makes you smile :)

Lather, rinse, repeat
Is what the shampoo bottle reads
Reminds me of some guys I've met
Bare with me if you'll please

"Shampoo guy" always lathers you up
Till you feel his tingling power
Then in a blink he's gone, just like a rinse
Leaving you crying, alone in the shower

Perhaps you try a few more times
After all, it says "repeat"
But its no surprise, "shampoo" guys don't last long
Yet your not ready for defeat

So you try the "conditioner guy", cuz after all,
He makes you feel silky smooth & strong
But he's just too much, he weighs you down
Time to rinse again, "conditioner" guy is gone

You shuffle through the cupboard of life
and find the "volumizer guy"
He likes to be grandiose, just too "I'm the man"
He's really less then what meets the eye

The "hair spray guy" has similar faults
And his sticky, controlling side isn't fun
You must get away, wash him out real quick
Or else spend life on the run

"Hair dye guy" isn't much better
You change everything about who you are
Soon you get tired of being fake
Plus he only looks good from afar

Of course there is "detangler guy"
Always there to get you outta a mess
But thats not my thing, don't need his help
I'm not a damsel in distress

Where is the guy who stays around
Thats strong, smooth, someone to adore
Lifts you up, holds you together, hmmm...
I need a guy thats like a leave-in conditioner

~Amanda 5/30/08

No comments: