Friday, June 13, 2008

For the Moment

I have so many things I'm looking forward to in my very near future. In fact my mind has been completely lost in thoughts of my future... the guy I'm going to be with, the great job I'll have, the beautiful shoes I'll have added to my collection... etc. When suddenly it hit me... I'm spending sooo much time thinking and dwelling on the future that I've forgotten to enjoy the now. Why rush life right? Besides, I can't become who I want to be if I'm not working on me right now and if I'm not living my life right now. The future will be here soon enough but every moment until then is just as precious. This is my attempt to remember to stop, breathe, and enjoy the moment. Hope it inspires you to do the same.

For the moment

Everyone is always in a hurry

To get on to something better

They forget to enjoy the now

That its the journey that really matters


Not that I'm that best at it

Honestly I'm writing this to convince myself

To learn to stop only living for the future

Instead, enjoy each moment's wealth


I really can't complain you know

Each day I laugh and smile

I'm making an new effort to really absorb

These simple happy moments, for awhile


Sure I will still think of my future often

Feeling excitement for what's to come

But just for now, for the moment

I'm gonna smile and laugh with everyone


No comments: