Tuesday, May 26, 2009

RIP Sofie

So I got my hamster Sofie a few months ago & all was well and good for awhile.... then she died. I have no idea how but all I can do is laugh at my life that's truly a tragic comedy. May she rest in hamster heaven.


I gave her food
I gave her water
Put up her wheel
And hamster fodder

I bought her treats
The best of bedding
She was hamster royalty
Based on what she was getting

But for one weekend
I left her alone
And found out she'd died
When i got home

Her water bottle fresh
Her food piled deep
So why had she
Died in her sleep?

The wheel not turning
From her cage no creaks
As I clean it all up
I can still hear her peeps

I feel a little
Like a country song
If this reflects my parenting
I'll never be a mom

As I sit here and ponder
& prepare her little burial sermon
I make a firm decision:
No more vermin.

5/24/09

3 comments:

Dave n' Lili said...

oh Amanda! Poor Sophie! You are too funny... this was a cute poem!

mkoleary said...

I am sorry that Sofie didn't make it. I think you should get a pet rat instead!! Supposed to live forever and my little neighbor Debbie, who is 6, is the coolest in her school b/c she has one.

Love ya, Can't wait to see you soon!!

Megan said...

haha your funny, but how sad! I am sorry for your loss!