Friday, August 19, 2011

Ancient Aliens, My Pa, and Me.


Last night I was hanging out with my Dad. He's been away at work so I hadn't seen him in awhile. Him and my mom were munching on dinner & watching the History Channel (clearly his choice) when I plunked down on the couch. More specifically, they were watching Ancient Aliens. I really like this show, but I usually watch it alone... thus not verbalizing my thoughts. With an active audience here is some of what transpired:

munch munch munch

Me:
"Why do aliens always crash in deserts? You'd think they'd be more likely to crash in densely forested areas."
munch munch

Me (watching a commercial for Planet of the Apes):
"I highly doubt that when the apes take over that not one of them names their child something like 'oooo-eeee-oooo", instead its always like 'steve'."
munch

Me:
"You should take mom to go see that movie."
Dad:
"I dunno, its not really a date movie." 
Me:
"Well... I guess you could go as friends."
Mom:
*snickers*
munch munch munch


Me:
"If they've identified that its an "unidentified flying object" then wouldn't it actually be an IUFO (identified unidentified flying object) now?"
munch munch

Me:
"Ya know, I think the bigger mystery is less about 'how can aliens travel so far through space?' and more 'why are they so interested in our orifices?'"


My poor father. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHAHAH!!

(please blog more.)

Unknown said...

Planet of the apes has been the premier date movie for decades.

Amanda said...

haha.. I'll be sure to let him know.