Monday, March 9, 2009

Fate?

I actually wrote this in October & forgot to post...

Geez, I haven't written in awhile. My thoughts have been tangled I suppose. Recent events got me thinking about fate and how its become such cliche but no one really knows if its real. I'd like to think my life is forming as I move forward... but some days I really have my doubts...

Fate?

Some people call it fate

When things don't work out right

Me, I think its just a way

That they can sleep at night

What if there's just a simple outline

Of major events in our lifetime

But its really our human error

That can misguide us off that line

What if the longer we're off course

The longer major life events are delayed

And by the time we get there

The details are scattered, splayed

Maybe, just for instance

You were suppose to meet your shining knight

But you were consumed with worldly troubles

And you couldn't see the green light

What would happen then?

Would your life events be shuffled?

Will the chance come around again?

Or will it forever remain muffled ?

Do we really only get one shot?

What happens if we miss?

Does that piece of our life

Merely cease to exist?

Perhaps some things can't be answered

I guess no one really knows

All we can do is our best

And have faith as our life flows.

~Amanda 10/25/08

2 comments:

Sarah n' Reid Partlow said...

You should publish this one Amanda. And I don't think you miss out totally if you miss a mark. I believe God make a track revision and incorporates things back in. Love you.

mkoleary said...

this is great!! your writing makes me think and so proud. I LOVE YOU!!